Tuesday, September 23, 2008

SEPTEMBER 22

Gary woke up today feeling better, but as the day progressed, he began to feel worse. He is still carrying extra fluids, (he gained 30 lbs. from the fluids), but did lose some weight today. The doctors seem to be taking it in stride and do not act like it is unusual. The good news... his Methotrexate (MTX) levels are at 1.03. The bad news.... his Creatinine levels increased to 4.1. Last night, our son, Brian flew in to see us. We have not seen him since Christmas, so it has been fun! He will be able to be with us until Saturday.
Today, I read a short devotion from Charles Swindol's Insight for Today. He has been sharing about Job and the trials he went through and how Job responded to those trials. Today, he wrote a short poem of sorts and I thought I would share it here.

God's purpose is unfolding, and I cannot hinder it.
God's plan is incredible, and I will not comprehend it.
God's reproof is reliable, and I dare not ignore it.
God's way is best, and I must not resist it.

1 comment:

  1. OUR FAMILY IS PRAYING FOR YOU ALWAYS PASTOR GARY. WE'RE HOPING FOR YOUR FAST RECOVERY

    ReplyDelete