Friday, September 19, 2008

GOD'S BLESSINGS!

When we found out that we would need to stay in Rochester for possibly the next 6 months, I started looking around for a place to rent. Right away, I realized that it would not be an easy task to find a two bedroom furnished apartment in our budget. Most extended stay type hotels want $3000/month! We have been staying in a hotel for the last three weeks, so we're under the gun to find something. A few days ago, I received first a phone call from a pastor in town that had received an email from our fellow missionaries in the Philippines, Lloyd and Edith Baker. He said they would be praying for us and have someone come to visit. Then later in the day I received a call from a lady saying that she was a member of this church and that if we needed a place to stay, she had a place. I went today to meet her. The Penz Family have a beautiful home located on a small lake. They have a separate guest suite with outside entrance for us to use complete with kitchen. Plus, an extra bedroom that any of our guest would be welcome to use! They are 1 mile away from the hospital where Gary will be. All of this free of charge! God is so good to us! You can now use this address:
Gary Phillips
C/O 1442 Salem Lane SW
Rochester, MN 55902

4 comments:

  1. Jeanie,

    That is great news God is good.

    Ken Walker

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeanie,

    Praise the Lord for His provision for you. What a blessing! I can't tell you how I appreciate your prayers for my dad as you are going through this time with Gary. It is so easy to focus on our own struggles and not think of others. I am praying for you tonight.

    Dannah Andrews

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such great news! We just prayed for Pastor Gary tonight.

    Jeff Aspacio
    Marriage and Beyond

    Life As Experienced Daily

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog made me cry more than once. I love how the Lord is providing, not just physically but also spiritually (lady at Walmart). I cannot fathom what it's like to be in your shoes. I will be praying for you and watching the Lord take care of every need. Cherish this time in the valley because there will never be another time like it. I know the sun seems to shine brighter on the mountain top and it's just a little easier to get around, so it seems to our flesh but God our Shepherd so much in store for you. THANK YOU for your updates. It helps me in praying. Wendy in OK

    ReplyDelete