Friday, September 19, 2008

SEPTEMBER 19 / 12:17 am

I left the hospital around 10pm and headed to our new place to stay. Since I rented a car for the week, I was going to have to pay $12 for today's parking. As I left and headed for the ticket booth. There was a sign that the attendant was unavailable and the barrier was up allowing me to pass without paying. I laughed thinking that even in little things, God is supplying our needs. As I left the hospital, I met a lady whose husband is being treated for esophageal cancer. They have been here for six weeks and the treatments have made him so sick and have brought on other symptoms. She said that this evening, they discussed how much longer he would live if they stopped treatments and what she would need to do when that happened. As with us, they came to Mayo never expecting a cancer diagnosis. We exchanged names and I offered to pray for her husband. I don't think it was a coincidence that I left the hospital at that time and met her walking her little dog. I plan to leave a note for her at her hotel and maybe get the opportunity to share God's love with her. Please join me in praying I will have that opportunity. I went to our new place and began to unpack our things and get settled in. It just seemed like an eternity away from Gary at the hospital and I could not bare to stay, so got dressed, packed up my things and headed back to the hospital to spend the night with him. When I was staying across the street, I could handle leaving him but this just seemed so far away. Just need to be near my man! :D

1 comment:

  1. Jeanie, I'm glad you're sharing this experience of trouble and blessing through your blog. I hate that Gary, you and your family are going through this but is good to see God's hand of provision. I know these will be tough times but God is faithful. My heart has been saddened and encouraged by your journey thus far. We are praying for you. Love and prayers, Marilyn

    ReplyDelete