Wednesday, September 24, 2008

A CARD FROM AN ANGEL

If you have not read my post about Angel's Among us .... then leave this and read that post first. You won't believe what happened today! Towards the end of the day, our nurse came in with medicine for Gary and had a card in her hand. It was addressed:

Gary Phillips
Cancer Ward
St. Mary's Hospital
Rochester, MN
From Harriot Agrimson
We looked at the envelope thinking we have no idea who this person is. When I opened it I was so shocked! It was my angel from Walmart! I didn't even remember telling her our names! What is amazing to me is that if I did tell her, it was just once and she just was guessing what hospital. We are in Rochester Methodist Hospital. Of course, both of these are connected with Mayo so they had our info and was able to forward the card to us. This is what she wrote:
Dear Jeanie,
I met you by the popcorn at Walmart.
I wanted you both to know that our church prayed for you both yesterday.
We spoke the healing power of Jesus into your Gary.
Psalm 107:20 promises us
"He sent His Word and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions."
We will continue to pray and believe with you folks.
Love in Jesus,
Harriet Agrimson
Just know we love you and are crying out to the Lord for you
So, my "angel unaware" is a real person, but still an angel to me! I looked on mapquest to see that Harriet lives about an hour from here. I hope to meet up with her again some day! Oh, and another thing.... because our nurse stayed in the room giving Gary his meds while I opened the card, I was able to share with her what had happened in Walmart. It gave us the opportunity to share how God has blessed us with people praying for us!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Pastor Gary and Ma'm Jeanie,

    Keep your hopes up! God is still on His throne. This is just a bump on the road to greater blessing and opportunities for service. I know God will pull you through all these.

    To cheer you up, I want to share with you that last two Sundays we celebrated Faith's 7th anniversary. You will not believe it but the attendance for the last two Sundays was more around 700. Bro. Pidio invited his people from NSO and around 157 came with more than 30 who prayed to receive christ.

    On October 5 Tawid Sapa will celebrate their first anniversary.

    The youth ministry is still going strong even after Alex's resignation. Larry took over the leadership. Bro. Zamir and Sis. Love are coming on board as full-time staff starting this October. I know they will be a great asset to the ministry.

    I will be going there on the 7th of October and will come back November 25. I hope I can visit you there.

    ReplyDelete