Monday, September 22, 2008

SEPTEMBER 21

Gary started the day feeling a little better in spite of still being puffed up with fluids. If he keeps up, I will need to buy new pajamas for him! His Methotrexate levels have gone down to 1.6 which is great, but his creatinine once again increased to 3.2. Since the MTX levels are down, they are stopping the IV fluids and will give a diuretic only to see if they can get the fluids off of him. I went to church this morning with the couple that have opened up their home for us. It was a real blessing and I am excited to know there is a good church to go to. Our son Brian flew in this evening and will be able to stay a week. I am so happy right now! This will be good for Brian, but also good for Gary. While I was picking Brian up at the airport, Gary went for a walk and met up with Donna and Louie whom I mentioned yesterday. As they were talking, Gary said something about the grace of God. Louie paused and looked at him and asked if he was a Christian. Gary told him yes and that we were missionaries in the Philippines. Louie said, "Well I knew there was something different about you. You're countenance is just different." Wow! That is exactly what we have talked among ourselves about. We want others to see God's grace manifested in us! Gary ended up praying for Louie in the hallway and Louie turned to his wife and said, "How neat is that!? I come here to get prayed for by a missionary who came from the Philippines." :D They will be leaving the hospital tomorrow, but I am sure we will catch up with each other another time. Just been in the hospital a week and already God has blessed us with fellow believers to fellowship with!

No comments:

Post a Comment