Friday, September 19, 2008

ANGELS AMONG US????

I wanted to do a separate posting of what happened to me tonight. Last night I told how I didn't have to pay for my parking and it reminded me that God would take care of our needs. I left the hospital this afternoon to do some grocery shopping and laundry and then planned to go back to the hospital to spend the night there with Gary. As I was shopping in Walmart, trying to decided which kind of microwave popcorn I wanted, I noticed an elderly lady with her cart just watching me, not really shopping for anything. I just kind of laughed and made a comment that I can't decide and started to walk away. She struck up a conversation with me and I ended up sharing about Gary. She had tears in her eyes when I talked about his nerve pain, stating that in the past, she had something in her face and could really empathize with that kind of pain. We talked for a little more, then out of the blue, she reached across and placed her hand on my arm and just started praying for Gary and me out loud. It was such a sweet, comforting prayer and I really felt the presence of God. There I was standing in Walmart, tears running down my face as this stranger ministered to me. When she finished, I hugged her and thanked her for doing that for me and told her how much it blessed me. We turned to go and I said, "God just led us both to this aisle at the same time" and she responded, "It was Divine intervention". I smiled and left the opposite way thanking the Lord for sending someone my way like that. As I went around the corner, a thought hit me and I circled back to see if I could see her again. I walked past every aisle on my way to the cashiers looking for her and never saw her again. I would never say for certain that she was an "angel unaware", but for sure I would say that God did send her my way tonight to comfort me. "Thank you, Lord for Your unexpected ways of showing me You love me."

2 comments:

  1. Jeff sent me the link to your blog and as I just went through each and every entry, I am just amazed how the Lord has been with you and Pastor Gary through this time.

    I can't help the tears well up my eyes as I read through. Thanks for allowing us to know these details. I commit to be with you in praying for Pastor Gary. We love you both.

    Marriage and Beyond


    Handy Tips and Hints

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got goose bumps after reading this post. Wow, what an amazing event, I'm praying for you and Gary and thank God for the way He is touching your life to encourage you through this time. Can't wait to see what else He will do for you and through you. Marilyn

    ReplyDelete