Wednesday, January 28, 2009

JANUARY 27


Today I celebrated my 50th birthday. Whew! Felt good to get that out in the open. *smile* My family and friends helped make it a special day by all the cards, facebook comments and phone calls. Even though we tried to celebrate, there was still a cloud over us as Gary felt too bad to be able to do much. I fixed a steak dinner in place of going out and Sandra cleaned up the kitchen afterwards. Can't beat that! Pray for Gary.... his pain levels are increasing each day. I was hoping that these last treatments would take care of that for him. Hard to see him being in such pain.

6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Jeanie! If it's any consolation, you don't look it and just like any other birthday, you will feel the same tomorrow as you did today, nothing will fall off or break off in the night, you'll not be able to tell the difference from just being in your late 40's. So, welcome to the "nifties". Praying for you all.

    Marilyn K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jeanie!
    Happy Birthday! You'll enjoy 50 cuz everyone will say, "Wow! You don't look that old!" ... then you have to decide if they are giving you a compliment or not!
    Hope God gives you another 50!
    Love-
    LuAnn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeanie, I'm so sorry about Gary's pain....I'll confess, it would be almost tortuous for me to see Tom like that. I am praying for you though!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday, Jeanie! We pray that the Lord will continue to fill your cup on a daily basis. Please relay to Pastor Gary our love and prayers.

    Love,
    Jennie, Jeff and Jed

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pegy and I continue to pray for Gary and his family daily. We will esp concentrate on GOD taking away Gary's pain and a good dr's report tomorrow.

    james & peggy hill //// texas

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great! My heart rejoices when I see you on video and hearing Sir Gary's and Sandra's voices! How we miss you all! We will keep on praying.

    love u,
    Madeline

    ReplyDelete