Thursday, January 1, 2009

DECEMBER 31

Gary has had a pretty good day. He has been asleep most of it due to the anti nausea drug. Off and on, his pain levels were high, but compared to the previous weeks, he is better.

The team of doctors came in this morning to check Gary out, and went over again the plan for the treatment. They are all well aware of what has happened in the past with the Methotrexate (MTX) and were explaining all the steps they were going to do, to hopefully prevent it from happening this time. The doctor then said, "But, to be honest, I think we can expect 5 days of excitement." *sigh*

Gary started the MTX at 7pm. In 24 hours, they will administer the rescue drug. This is when it gets critical. Pray the rescue drug will do it's job in getting the MTX out of him before it crystalizes in his kidneys and starts shutting them down.

Again, I want to express our appreciation for your prayers. The emails and comments have been very comforting to not only Gary, but to myself.

5 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, Gary and Jeanie. We pray that 2009 will be a year that you will always look back on as a reminder of what a Great God we have. We know He is holding you both in His Hand.

    Love and prayers,

    Charles and Dottie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will keep checking this blog often and of course I will be praying for Gary. I find myself checking this blog everytime I get on my computer...which is alot! I don't always comment but just know I always say a prayer.

    Love, Angie Jenkins
    Texas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gary and Jeanie, praying for great success with this treatment. tell Bob and Sue Hi. May you have a great first day of 2009.

    Ken & Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gary and Jeanie - we are praying that 2009 will be a great year of healing and restoration. God is with you there and our spirits are with you as well. Hold on to HIM! Joy Cravens

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gary and Jeanie
    May God bless you both. Though we've never met, your prayer request has found its way into my email box in Snohomish, Wa. As Christians, you are family. I pray for your recovery

    Mitch

    ReplyDelete