Sunday, January 4, 2009

JANUARY 3

I am writing this post early in the day because it is such great news! This morning, we found out the lab results from last nights' first blood draw to start measuring the levels of Methotrexate. It was .12! I asked Gary what he thought about that, and he said, he wanted to wait until the doctors came in to talk to him because he was afraid to believe the report.

Well, the doctors arrived and the one that had told us on Wednesday that we could expect 5 days of excitement, said "You haven't been very exciting!" *smile*

Gary's MTX this morning was at .06 so he can go home! Woo hoo! We are just stunned! The doctors are stunned! They will let our primary doctor make the decision of how to approach the next treatment, as far as giving the full dose of Methotrexate.

This does not mean that he is out of danger as far as the cancer is concerned, but that they may be able to use higher doses of the Methotrexate next time in order to kill the cancer. Words just seem so inadequate to express our deep gratitude for all who spent time praying at all hours for Gary! We are so appreciative. Thank you.

3 comments:

  1. psalms 91
    He who dwells in the shelter of the most high will rest in the shadow of the Almighty...
    He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge...
    "Because he loves me, says the Lord, " I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. He will call upon me, and I will answer him;I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him, WITH LONG LIFE I WILL SATISFY HIM AND SHOW HIM MY SALVATION.
    " i am sharing you the words of the psalmist that greatly comforted me now that i am also in distress and facing my fears. He is such a great refuge and shelter. May it be to you also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gary,
    Hang in there, man. You know, quite possibly better than most, that the God we serve is faithful. Better than that, He is good. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such good news! God is SO good! Like Joe said, hang in there. We're all praying and pulling for you.

    ReplyDelete