Saturday, January 3, 2009

JANUARY 2

I am very tired tonight, so this will be short. Gary has done very well today. His pain levels were down, which is a great blessing. He had no nausea and was amazing us all with his appetite. *smile*

The doctors are still closely monitoring his creatinine levels and they have stayed at .6 today. This evening was the first blood draw to start monitoring the Methotrexate levels. We still have not received word from the lab on that, so will have to wait until tomorrow to update everyone because I am headed for bed. *tired smile*

Gary had a full day visiting with his family, and this evening, a good friend of ours, Tim Berns, flew in to see him as well.

At this point, we are starting to allow ourselves to breath a sigh of relief believing that Gary will not have problems with his kidneys. I appreciate so much your prayers and for taking the time to write comments or emails to let me know your are praying. Every morning, when I arrive at the hospital, Gary will ask who wrote. It really encourages him and we are grateful!

5 comments:

  1. Glad to hear the good news. Hello to the family and let Gary know that I am still praying for him and for you and your family. Hope you have peaceful rest tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear a bit of good news. It is hard to imagine a Phillips without an appetite, so it was good to hear he felt like eating a bit today, without nausea. You and Gary are continually in the back of my mind and in my prayers. Even when I wake up in the night as I quite often do these days, I pray for Gary. Tell the family we say "Hey!" Take care of yourself. Marilyn K.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise the Lord! We trust you are all resting easier tonight. We will all keep praying. Hi to Bob and Sue.

    Charles and Dottie

    ReplyDelete
  4. PTL!!!!!!!!!! I won't let up with my prayers though! I know all too well the up and down roller coaster you continue to be on. My family experienced that with my nephew Byron. What I learned from all of the time we spent riding the coaster was that you never give up, you live for the good days (minutes or sometimes even "nano" seconds)and you pray like you never have before. I can just imagine the voices of God's children all over the world as they cry out on your all's account! Praise God from whom all blessings flow! I know it isn't easy on any of you and I cry out to God for all you are going through. You are amazing and God will and is getting the glory from your faithfulness to Him no matter your earthly situation. Hang in there dear friend and keep your eyes on Jesus-He will get you through anything! :) love, Trina

    ReplyDelete