Sunday, October 19, 2008

OCTOBER 18

Today, Gary thought he felt good enough to get out and do something. We decided to drive to Minneapolis/St. Paul and visit Mall of America with our daughters Sandra, Becky and Becky's friend Andy. The countryside was beautiful with the trees turning all shades of red and gold. We did not stay long at the Mall.... just enough to ride one roller coaster and eat lunch.... Oh, and get ice cream at the Cold Stone Creamery! We had a very enjoyable day, but it wore Gary out. He is feeling ok, just does not have the energy to do this sort of thing right now.
Last night, as I was rubbing lotion on Gary's feet, I noticed that he is starting to lose his hair from the chemo treatments. Instead of starting to lose it off his head, as I thought would happen... he is losing it off his legs. So, in loving support of him, I have decided to shave my legs........

3 comments:

  1. Jeanie,

    That last line made me laugh. I may join you in that show of support but that is a big commitment for me.

    Still praying for Gary. I think he looks great in the picture. I can tell he is feeling some better. I am sure having his girls there helped a lot. Thanks for keeping us up-to-date on the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gary and Jeanie, thank you so much for keeping us all posted. We rejoice with you that things are going so much better this time around. We have enjoyed all the pictures. Be assured of our prayers.

    Charles and Dottie Brock

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure that Gary would be able to lose the hair on his head, since they are transplants. ;) I love you Gary...but...I'm not shaving my legs...no matter what!

    PS. How's that, Jeanie?!

    ReplyDelete