Tuesday, October 28, 2008

GRACE

Several months ago, when Gary was going through a particular rough time with pain, a fellow missionary sent me a devotional, written by Charles Swindoll from his daily INSIGHT FOR LIVING. Since that time, I have subscribed to this devotional. It amazes me, how many times, what comes to my inbox, is perfect for what I need that day. Today was no exception. It was on GRACE. The first paragraph caught my attention right away... "This is a good time to correct faulty thinking. It is not always God's will that you be healed. It is not always the Father's plan to relieve the pressure. Our happiness is not God's chief aim. He doesn't have a wonderful (meaning "comfortable") plan for everybody's life---not from a human perspective. Often His plan is nowhere near wonderful. As with Paul, His answer is not what we prayed and hoped for. But, remembering that He is forming us more and more into the image of His Son, it helps us to understand His answer is based on His long-range plan, not our immediate relief. Thankfully, in the midst of that suffering, He gently whispers, "My grace is sufficient for you" (v. 9)." ... To read the rest of the devotional, go to http://www.insight.org/ and see it on the upper right. And to go along with it, I have added one of my favorite songs by Phillips, Craig and Dean.

"Thank you Lord, for once again reminding me that Your grace is sufficient. Thank you for 'bringing back' today, the Gary I know and love.'

1 comment:

  1. It is amazing how close God will embrace you in tough times like these! To accept His plan, even when it is uncomfortable, is truly peace that passes all understanding. His love and grace is sufficient! Blesses be His name!

    ReplyDelete