Tuesday, April 28, 2009

APRIL 27

DAY 6
Gary told me this morning that he was glad he was admitted. He felt a little better due to the heavier anti-nausea drugs they can give him. Still not eating, but maybe tomorrow. For the last few days, he has not talked because the effort made him so nauseous. This afternoon, he started chatting up a storm, but I soon realized that he was not quite in the same world that I was. I'm smart enough to know that when he talks about staying around to help "them" fight off the Apaches .... he isn't with us any more. *smile* This has happened before with the drugs, so I was not surprised. What was funny to me was, he went in and out and after saying something off the wall, he would say, "I'm just having a conversation with myself!" The nurses probably thought I was weeping for sadness, but it was silent laughter!

Gary's main doctor is on the rotation this week and as he walked into the room, he said, "Boy! You will do anything to get me to visit you in the hospital!" This has been a joke between Gary and his doctor since we arrived. His doctor is on the transplant team, so between those rotations, and seeing patients in his office, he does not do the "regular" morning visits. He said what Gary is going through is perfectly normal and nothing to be concerned about. Hopefully in a few days, Gary's counts will come up and he will start to feel better. Thank you so much for your prayers!

APRIL 26
HEMOGLOBIN - 10.1
WHITE BLOOD COUNT - .3
PLATELETS - 34

1 comment:

  1. You've got that 'Jayne' gene in that you can always find something to laugh about even in stress situations. One day, Gary will laugh about some of this, trust me. Jon's doctor asked what was he doing when this heart spell came on. I said,"We were in church, maybe the Preaching got to him."

    ReplyDelete