Wednesday, February 25, 2009

TAKE TIME

Today, I was reading a devotional written by Chuck Swindoll at http://www.insight.org/ titled "Take Time". It was a blessing to me to be reminded of this verse and how we can tell Jesus how weary and over-burdened we are.

"Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light." Matthew 11:28-30

Toward the end of his devotion, he said ...

I suggest you accept Jesus' invitation---today. Come to Him. Tell Him how weary and over-burdened you are. Pull that heavy backpack loaded with all your stuff off your shoulders and drop it at His feet. Do it now. Then enter into His rest. Relax for a change---take an extra several minutes to enjoy His presence . . . embrace His peace. Before you turn in tonight, curl up alongside those who mean the most to you and tell them how much you love them, how valuable they are to you.

Good words for all of us, whether we are going through trials or not. "Thank you Lord, for taking my burdens, for dying on the cross for my sins and allowing me to feel your presence every moment of every day."

1 comment:

  1. This is a great devotional. I wonder if when we DON'T look to Him for rest, we actually fall into idolatry; the idolatry of looking to self for help.

    ReplyDelete