Friday, February 27, 2009

FEBRUARY 26

"bamaw. if papaw teaches about god why does god give him cancer why?"

This question was posted on Facebook by our 11 yr. old grandson, Tyler. I admit that I have thought the same thing many times and my heart breaks to think that my grandchildren have to go through this with us. Gary spent time tonight talking to Tyler on the phone trying to explain to him how just because you are faithful to God and His will, doesn't mean that bad things will not happen to you.

My prayer is that Tyler will see God work His will in all that Gary is going through and he will see his Papaw and Bamaw glorifying God no matter the outcome. As you pray for Gary tonight, please remember our children and grandchildren too.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Gary and Jeanie,

    Eddie and I prayed for you today, for your children and for your grandchildren. My heart just went out to you with that question
    from your grandson. I had that same question as we went through the journey with my Dad. I know that my Dad would ask me to read to him some of his favorite chapters and verses in the Bible, and one of them was in Philippians which had the phrase "that I may know Him in the fellowship of His sufferings". I'm sure your kids as well as your grandkids can see the Lord's evident hand on you both as you go through this- You are glofifying Him in such a sweet way. We are praying that the Lord will meet them as they process all of this.
    May the Lord pour out everything you need tonight.
    Love,
    Cindy and Eddie Lyons

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I read this, I was listening to the song, "The Lord's My Shepard." As I bowed my head to pray for Tyler, this verse started to play: "And though I walk through death's dark vale, yet will I fear not ill. For Thou art with me and Thy rod and staff me comfort still." My prayer is that Tyler will have God's comfort and understand that even though God doesn't always take away our trials, He does something even better with them: He transforms bad things into something good!
    You and your family are such an encouragement to me. I see God at work in the way you are responding to this sickness.
    Gary, the way you read God's word and continue to grow in Him and serve Him even in sickness is a testimony to me.
    Jeanie, the way you serve selflessly and are willing to take one day at a time, learning about God and depending on Him to carry you through, is a blessing.
    Sandra, your love for your parents touches my heart.
    May God continue to strengthen you and prove Himself faithful to you all.

    ReplyDelete