Saturday, November 22, 2008

NOVEMBER 21

Today was an easier day as far as test go, but Gary is very sore from the biopsy he had done yesterday, so walking and getting in and out of the car was difficult. One of the appointments today was a visit with a social worker. She basically was seeing if Gary was mentally and emotionally ready for the the transplant. One of the questions she asked, was "How have you handled or coped with all that is going on?" Gary responded, "With my faith in the Lord."

We were able to expound on that a little more with her. We talked how, it did not mean that we have not had some bad moments, or even days, but that we are able to go to the Lord when things are tough and could not imagine going through something like this without our Faith. I thought about our conversation as we came home. This has definitely been a hard year for us, especially Gary, and we have definitely had our moments. There have been times when I was not too happy with God. I felt like this was not "fair".... in fact, just a few nights ago, I asked Gary if it was wrong for me to feel that way. Gary, of course, said what I knew already... that it was normal and that even David in Psalms was not always happy with God and yet God said that David had a "whole heart" for Him. I just shouldn't stay in that frame of mind.

As I went to bed last night, I opened my Bible to Psalms and was just going to do a quick glance through to see how many times David was upset with the Lord. I did not get through all of Psalms, but read enough to realize that, yes, David had cried out to the Lord many times. In fact, Psalms 6:6 and 7, David says, "I am weary with my groaning: all the night make I my bed to swim; I water my couch with my tears. Mine eye is consumed because of grief..."

Boy! That was just how I have felt many times! But in verse 8, David says, "...for the Lord hath heard the voice of my weeping." And countless times in the Psalms, he says "I will trust in the Lord..." Even when I can not control my emotions, God hears my weeping and He knows my heart. I just need to trust Him.

I hope today, we were able to give a good testimony to this young lady. That even though we are "just human", we are still trusting in God and He is getting us through this. She asked if we had any support other than family and we shared how many people from all over the world were praying for us and giving encouragement by sending cards, writing emails, calling and making comments on Facebook and this blog. I think she was impressed! We do appreciate it all! Thank you!

4 comments:

  1. Praying for you all tonight. Thank you for sharing your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jeanie, for writing this blog, and writing it so well. We do want to keep up with how Gary is doing. I have prayed for you both tonight.

    Pastor Dodd

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jeanie it's Buddy just wanted to let you and Gary know that our church is praying for you two and We pary that God will heal Gary completely

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeanie, I have been out for a few days. I have been praying for you. Thank you for your blog, and for being so transparent through all of this.
    I am praying for you.
    Love and prayers,
    Kathy Mingo

    ReplyDelete