Monday, May 25, 2009

MAY 24

We have made it back to Oklahoma after a long 13 hour drive. I would like to thank Gary's brother's for providing the airfare for our daughter Becky to fly up to Rochester, and Becky for her help driving the moving van back to OK. I know it was not easy on her driving that long drive. Gary and I are blessed with a great family. Parents, siblings and children have been there to help when we needed it and we appreciate it!

After packing up our apartment and getting it loaded into the U-Haul, we spent the night in a hotel before heading out in the morning. It was the same hotel we stayed in 8 months ago, when we received the diagnosis of Gary's cancer. I couldn't help but think how we felt that night ... just in total shock.

I gave thanks to God all evening for bringing Gary this far and allowing us to leave Rochester together, instead of me leaving without him. We had been told by other doctors in the Philippines and Oklahoma, that Gary had no cancer cells in his body. To hear, not only did he have cancer, but he also had something very rare, was just mind boggling. After making phone calls to our children and emails to other immediate family members and close friends, I spent that evening 8 months ago, getting this blog started.

My purpose for the blog, was to be able to write updates without having to constantly answer the same questions concerning Gary and his treatments. I also, could hardly talk about it. It was easy for me to email or write in a blog, but when I tried to talk, I would break down.

Little did I realize, how much the blog would help me. I was able to put to words the lessons that God was teaching me and later, when I would feel overwhelmed, I could read back through the encouraging comments left by friends around the world, and the scriptures that had brought me comfort.

The coming months will be filled with physical therapy and just letting Gary heal. He is very weak and it will take a long time to fully recover. Being near family will do alot to help him do just that. Words just can't express the gratefulness for your prayers for Gary! We could not have made it this far without them. Please continue to pray the cancer will not return, and Gary will be able to regain the use of his hand through physical therapy.

3 comments:

  1. So glad you are home! Thank you for keeping us posted here and on facebook. Whenever I see your name or Gary's - a prayer is sent up. So glad God is there with you in person! Love, Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are home! I am so excited for all of you! I pray that at your 100 day visit he gets a clean bill of health. I pray you both regain your strength. This kind of stuff just zaps a person and their family! Love you! Trina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gary and Jeanie,

    Yes, Faith Temple Baptist, my family and I will continue to pray for your TOTAL healing. God is good and He is good all the time! God bless both of you. We are looking forward to serving the Lord together again.

    ReplyDelete