Tuesday, May 12, 2009

MAY 11

IT'S OFFICIAL! Gary had his line removed today, which means no more treatments, no more blood draws and doctor visits! The next scheduled doctor visit will be the end of July for the 100 day check up. At that time, they will do a PET scan, CT scan and MRI of his brain along with blood test.

Today, Gary has been pretty sick. He threw up all morning long, even while seeing the eye doctor. The nurse said it is normal to have a few "set-back" days and that it was nothing to be alarmed about. It just shows that Gary is not over it all yet and still needs prayer. The good news is his counts are excellent. Today's blood draw showed that his white blood count was 9.9! That is better than he started with, so I would say those baby cells have engrafted well!

Several of you have asked if I will keep the blog. I plan to keep it at least until the 100 day checkup .... just may not write every day. I would still like to post pictures of you if you can get them in to me.

On another note ... sad note. Little Esther, who sent Gary the Valentine, went on to heaven Saturday. I can't imagine the pain her mother is going through losing her little girl right before Mother's Day. Esther was in severe pain leading up to her death and it is a comfort to know that she is now in heaven, sitting at Jesus' feet, free from disease and pain. Please pray for Esther's parents, Adam and Jennifer Travis. The funeral will be tomorrow and although they know Esther is in heaven, I am sure it will be a rough day for them. Little Esther was a blessing to Gary in her faith she had. Even though she was so young, she was an example of simply trusting God .... no matter what happens. It seems it is easier for children to do that than adults. *smile*

I have thought about Gary's outcome alot lately. Even though we don't have 100% assurance the cancer is gone ... it is gone at this time. So many have written comments and notes, praising God for the answer to prayer. I too have spent alot of time thanking and praising God for bringing Gary through such a rough journey ... I still find it hard to believe! BUT at the same time, I realize now, that God had been working a change in me.

If it had turned out differently, and Gary had not made it through, I would still be able to praise God and thank Him for His blessings. That just amazes me. I have often heard and often quoted to others, how God gives grace when you need it. I can say with a certainty ... that is exactly how it works! "Thank you Lord Jesus for your love to me as your child. For your constant presence. For the grace you bestowed on me when you gave your life on the cross and for the grace you have given me these past months."

No comments:

Post a Comment