Tuesday, June 23, 2009

JUNE 22

I was out of town Friday and Saturday, leaving Gary with our daughter Sandra. It has been a long time since I felt I could leave him. He is still dependent on help for even simple things like fixing himself a sandwich. When I returned late Saturday night, he told me how that he dropped his reading glasses beside his chair and instead of getting up and reaching for them with his right hand, like he would have in the past, he reached down with his left to see if he could pick them up. And he could! We are seeing a change every week with his hand and it sure is encouraging!

Tomorrow, Gary and I will celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary. It will be a special day for us. I have been thanking God for allowing Gary to live long enough to reach this special day. Looking back over the last 30 years, we have discussed the many things we have went through as a couple. We would have never foreseen all the things that God had in store for us. The things we have experienced as a couple, whether good or bad, have made us the way we are.

Recently, someone dear to me, told me they have always been envious of the relationship that Gary and I shared. As much as that is a compliment, I have to say none of us can compare ourselves to others, because we have not been on the same journey as them. The journey that Gary and I have had these 30 years, is unique to us, and made our relationship for what it is.

I am thankful that God brought us together and has been in our life. One of the blessings of Gary going through cancer, was seeing how God worked in our lives and how it brought us even closer and made us stronger. I am asking God to give us another 30+ years together!

No comments:

Post a Comment